Contact
  • Your privacy is important to Yankee Barn Homes

Barn House Plans

Now here’s a great idea: present a selection of barn house plans all in one place and include renderings, photos, and floor plans for each home. Why haven’t I done this before? I have no good answer to this question, but I promise to rectify the situation here and now. These structures have been designed within the last three years, so you know they’re up to date and take today’s homeowner needs into consideration. I’ve chosen homes (and one carriage house) in all shapes and sizes to emphasize Yankee Barn’s ability to design and build in any architectural style, while utilizing square footage best suited to each homeowner’s specifications. Enjoy!

barn house plans

Interior of The Sunapee, a cottage style home on the shores of Lake Champlain.

Barn House Plans: The Sunapee Cottage

Barn House Plans: The Sunapee Cottage

This is the home featured in the opening photo. Built three years ago on the shores of Lake Champlain, this post and beam is the family get-away for an urban family. It could easily be a primary home, as the floor plans will attest.

barn house plans
The Sunapee has a large wrap-around porch. Perfect for summer living!

The Sunapee Cottage Level One Floor Plans

The Sunapee Cottage Level Two Floor Plans

Barn House Plans: Oyster Shores Contemporary Barn Home

Barn House Plans: Oyster Shores Contemporary Barn Home

This home is currently being built on the shores of the long Island Sound. Please see Oyster Shores for a complete look at this home.

barn house plans
Oyster Shores is Yankee Barn Homes’ first non-post and beam barn home.

Oyster Shores Level One Floor Plans

Oyster Shores Level Two Floor Plans

Barn House Plans: The Beacon Carriage House

Barn House Plans: The Beacon Carriage House

With “drive-in” folding glass doors, this is not your typical guest house. It’s a building meant to serve several purposes, including a place for the homeowner to pursue his love of cars, a gathering place for large groups of family and friends, and a space for guests to stay (these spaces show as “his & her” offices on the floor plans – they are actually guest bedrooms).

barn house plans
A YBH architectural rendering of The Beacon carriage house.

barn house plans
The Beacon carriage house under construction.

The Beacon Level One Floor Plans

The Beacon Level Two Floor Plans

Barn House Plans: The Next-Gen Barn House

Barn House Plans: The Next-Gen Barn House

All you need do is watch the evening news to discover there is a big push among new home build clients to plan for the future. Whether for themselves or their aging parents, finding a way to incorporate a separate, yet inclusive way for extended families to live under one roof has become a top priority. Yankee Barn Homes has created several designs for just this situation. Here’s one we completed two months ago.

barn house plans
An architectural rendering of the YBH Next-Gen Barn House.

barn house plans
Next-Gen Floor Plans Level One. Notice on the right, the bedroom area has been altered to include a kitchenette and sitting room.

Next-Gen Floor Plans Second Level

Barn House Plans: Sands Point Shingle Style

Barn House Plans: Sands Point Shingle Style

This beauty is one of the latest homes from the brilliant mind of Yankee Barn Homes’ Creative Designer, Jeffrey Rosen. Bases on the turn-of-the-century shingle style homes, this house has all the romance of the by-gone era combined with today’s latest in technological advances for the home. It’s also gorgeous!

barn house plans
This house is elegant. I love the walled patio employed as a slight buffer between the house and the pool.

barn house plans
I love the bump-out window seat in the master bedroom.

Sands Point Floor plans Level One

Sands Point Floor Plans Level Two

If you would like more information about Yankee Barn Home options you can explore our floor plan options, call and talk to one of our design consultants at 800-258-9786 or fill out this short online form.

POST. BEAM. DREAM.™

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to Barn House Plans

1. Ed Meredith April 13, 2013 at 4:10 am #

I have a potential project; I have a custom Post & Beam Barn 10 feet from my House. I want to connect the two structures either by a porch or a shell structure. Please donract me. THX Ed Meredith

• BeamBabe April 13, 2013 at 11:01 am #

Hi Ed,
      I have let our office know; someone will be in touch shortly. Thank you for your inquiry. BeamBabe

2. Francine Mitchell April 15, 2013 at 10:57 am #

Hello, I really like the “Next-Gen Barn House” floor plan, but really need more bedrooms upstairs…are there variations in the plan or am I not looking in the right places? Thanks, Francine

3. Nicolette Harris July 1, 2013 at 1:33 am #

Hello, I was looking at the Sands Point Shingle Style home. Are there any other photos that shows the front elevation of the home and is adding an addition choice of the Barrington carriage plan with a breezeway between possible?

• BeamBabe July 1, 2013 at 12:33 pm #

Hi Nikki – In brief – Yes and Yes! I’m going to forward on your request for photos (there are several more of Sands Point front elevation) and I think you might mean The Bennington Carriage House (as we don’t have a Barrington). In any event, adding an addition of a breezeway between the two would certainly be possible. Our design office will have all these answers for you. Please let me know if I may help in any further way. BeamBabe

4. jaci schwegler July 7, 2013 at 2:04 pm #

We want to build a gatekeepers’s cottage ……that looks like a cross between a barn and an old English cottage…..about 900 sq ft…..one bedroom, the rest open and cool in south Carolina…..lots of light and on the outside the sides look like barn doors…..can you help me? Thank you, Jaci

• BeamBabe July 9, 2013 at 4:55 pm #

Hi Jaci – Yes, Yankee Barn Homes may very well be able to help you. I’ll pass on your information and you should hear from someone soon. Thank you for your inquiry, BeamBabe

• BeamBabe July 9, 2013 at 5:01 pm #

Hi Jaci – Yes, Yankee Barn may very well be able to help you out. I’ll send along your request and you should hear from someone very soon. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance. Thank you for your inquiry, BeamBabe

5. Michele Ryan July 29, 2013 at 10:27 am #

Hello: I am interested in building a home in Warren county NY on my lot. Do you just produce the framing wood or do you actually build the entire house.
    I am looking at a house of about 2800 sq/ft. with an unfinished basement.
    I would like to visit your site in NH, do I need an appointment/

• BeamBabe July 31, 2013 at 10:14 am #

Hi Michele, I’m going to put you in touch with one of our staff who can answer all your questions. You should be hearing from Yankee Barn shortly! Thank you for your inquiry, BeamBabe

6. Mike September 28, 2013 at 8:15 pm #

Hello, I was wondering if there are some other photos of the Sands Point Shingle Home from different elevations. This is a beautiful home and something we would look at building.

• BeamBabe September 30, 2013 at 10:01 am #

Hi Mike, I’ll forward your questions on Sands Point to the office. You should hear from someone very soon. Thank you for your inquiry, BeamBabe

• BeamBabe September 30, 2013 at 10:06 am #

Hi Mike, I will forward your questions on to our office. You should hear form someone very shortly. Thank you for your inquiry, BeamBabe

7. Chase March 22, 2014 at 5:56 pm #

Hi!

Could I have more information on the sands point shingle style barn house plan? I would love to see more pictures and also know the square footage!

Thanks!!