Yankee Barn Homes floor plans can be customized or our designers will start from scratch to meet your specific site requirements, your lifestyle, wants and needs. One of the unique things about a post and beam home is the fact that the load bearing walls are on the exterior and thus the floor plans are endlessly customizable. The exteriors can to adapted to so many styles. From the contemporary look as shown to the right…
…To the classic post and beam barn home and farmhouse home styles, explore our floor plan examples, any one of these can be customized in an endless number of ways to make each of your Yankee Barn Home unique to the owner’s tastes and needs.
- Shingle, or siding exteriors
- Upgrade polyisocyanurate insulation for True Wall and True Roof Panels
- Alternative window brands, including Andersen A-Series, Eagle, Pella and Marvin
- Choice of premium wood flooring or even sub-floor radian heat
- Decorative cupolas, towers, silos or turrets, open or closed to the interior
- Decorative rolling barn doors or a hay loft prow and door
- Choice of wood for stair treads
- Roof lines like a low slung roof of a cozy craftsman cottage
- or the mansard roof of a Victorian carriage house
- or maybe you need the extra light provided by a gable window
- or maybe the gambrel roof line for your barn home
- Add closets, move walls- No Problem!
- Rough hewn beams for a rustic look or smooth for a more contemporary look, light or dark stain, it’s up to you!
- Add a porch or take it away…
- Open floor plan or add some walls for some quiet space
- Lofted great room or do you need the 2nd floor space?
The floor plans presented on our site are simply the starting point, so browse to your heart’s content then talk to our designers about how we can customize a post and beam Yankee Barn House that is uniquely yours!